13 December 2008

Christmas in a Cup

The Mayor's Christmas Tree at Crown Center is 100-feet tall, only slightly taller than the mayor himself (joked Sergio). It is a massive piece of merriment secured on four sides by powerfully strong ties latched to the ground amidst a whimsical Christmas village of tiny train cars, giant peppermint sticks, small houses, nutcracker soldiers and two brown pigs (?). The tree has 7,000 white lights and innumerable ornaments, as well. It is extremely merry.

Tonight, on the ground in the whimsical Christmas village, I found two tiny pieces of a branch from the Mayor's Christmas tree. I brought them home to spruce up the place a little bit (pun intended) with some natural Christmasness (in lieu of any garland or tree of our own). It felt a little like Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree. Except I guess this was Mr. Funkhouser's Christmas Tree.

But now it's my little Christmas in a cup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS IN A CUP!!!!
simply beautiful : )
H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S to you and sergio
LC

Emily said...

Thanks LC! Merry Christmas to you too!!!